Ban the Burka in the UK
Responsible department: Home Office
We believe that the government should Ban the Burka.
According to a YouGov poll, 66% agreed with the statement ‘the burqa should be banned in Britain’. (2011)
Why should the Burka be banned?
1) It's a threat to national security (the terrorist responsible for one of the 21/7 bombings was able to flee in a burka)
2) Fairness (we cant wear a motorcycle helmet or balaclava in a shop)
3) This is still officially a Christian country and it should not go out of its way to appease foreign ideologies. This isn't even just a religious symbol, considering some islamic countries have bans.
4) It damages social cohesion by being a divisive block on communication, something vital in our society and causes unease amongst a lot of the population.
5) It is a symbol of oppression of women in foreign countries.
6) Covering up so much when outside, especially in hot weather is bad for someones health.
We call on the government to Ban the Burka immediately.
This e-petition has been rejected with the following reason given:
There is already an e-petition about this issue.
The following explanatory notes have been added:
Not received your confirmation email?